About this Job
As a tutor, you will help students with their studies in a specific subject, either individually or in small groups. Your responsibilities and duties include assessing what material your students have mastered, where they need assistance, and how they learn best. You will need to be able to teach students various concepts based on their needs.
This is an hourly job. Applicant must be able to work during weekdays, especially in the afternoons, and on weekends, to tutor middle and high school students, as needed.
The salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience, $18.00 per hour. There are no other benefits associated with this position.
- Have excellent oral communication skills
- Be able to explain complex concepts related to the subject being taught.
- Have the ability to listen to students and focus their attention
- Show persistence and seeks alternatives when obstacles arise
- Have the ability to work with diverse student backgrounds
- Have the ability to coach study skills and behavior toward successful course completion.
- Accept direction and feedback from supervisor and follows through appropriately
- Keep a professional and good working relationship with students
- Always show up to work and end on time as scheduled
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Reliable transportation is a must