About this Job
This is an hourly job. Applicant must be able to work during weekdays to teach adults and kids (ages 7 and older) the English Language for beginners and intermediate level students, in a class or in a one-on-one setting.
The salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience, $18-$25.00 per hour. There are no other benefits associated with this position.
The ideal applicant would meet the following requirements:
- Be a native speaker of English
- Be able to demonstrate good grammar skills in English
- Have excellent oral communication skills
- Have a teaching experience in any subject is a plus
- Speak some Spanish is a plus
- Be available on Saturdays and in the afternoons is a plus
- Have the ability to listen to students and focus their attention
- Show persistence and seek alternatives when obstacles arise
- Have the ability to work with diverse student backgrounds
- Have the ability to coach study skills and behavior toward successful course completion.
- Have the ability to adequately prepare the material for class
- Accept direction and feedback from supervisor and follow through appropriately
- Keep a professional and good working relationship with students
- Always show up to work and end on time as scheduled
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Reliable transportation is a must